There are two ways you can connect your computer to internet using mobile internet.
Use your Bluetooth mobile for a dial-up connection, or connect your computer to internet via your mobile’s wireless service like GPRS.
Here we use the second way. To do his you must have a working GPRS configuration on your mobile, and turn on Bluetooth. Just follow the steps below.
- Open the Bluetooth Setup Assistant.
- Search new devices.
- Select your mobile when your computer has found it.
- You will be prompted to enter a Passkey, enter any combination of numbers.
- When prompted, choose Use direct, higher speed connection to reach your Internet service Provider (GPRS, 1xRTT), and press Continue.
- The next screen will prompt you to enter your user name, password, GPRS CID String, and Modem Script. You can check will your carrier for GPRS CID String. If you have Nokia mobile phone, you should choose Nokia Infrared.
- The Bluetooth Setup Assistant will be finished and you can connect your computer to internet.
If you have iPhone or iPad, enable Bluetooth tethering in settings. Always keep in mind you may be charged by your carrier, for instance, AT&T charges extra $20 for tethering, and unlimited data plan not supported.
Update, if you have iOS or Android devices, Bluetooth tethering is quite simple. Take Android for example. Go to settings, tap more. Then tap tethering & portable hotspot. Check Bluetooth tethering when the next screen appears. And now you are all done. Really easy!